Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lost Animals worth more than Lost People?!?


The other day, an acquaintance from the coffee shop that I used to frequent, had lost her cat and was asking every customer including myself if we had seen him? I politely asked what he looked like? She brought up a picture on her computer, showed it to me and I answered her question with a no. She said that he had been gone for one day and she didn't get much sleep because she was worried about him.
Anyway, I got to thinking about all of the flyers, and craig list ads that people put up when they have lost their animals. On craigs list, people offer reward money up to $2000 to get their lost animal back! People go missing everyday, all the time yet you don't see as many fliers or craig list ads for people as you do for animals? And you will never see a reward offered for a missing person. Which are more important, humans or animals ? Of coarse, everyone will answer, humans are! But we spend soo much money and time on the care and feeding and recovery of our animals that it would make one think...

Chas

No comments:

Post a Comment