Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Time to get started again...

Hey there,
After taking a little time off of the blogging, it is time to get back in the game. Those of you whom have read my blogs know that I talk about everything and Cigars. During this past winter, I decided that I needed to get a tractor to help me work my hobby farm. So after doing some research, I decided to go back in time and get a vintage tractor to restore and USE. I bought a 1952 Ferguson TO-30. It was in good running condition. All original and not "farmerized". I went through it, took it apart, painted it and got it into field ready condition with everything working as it should. It was a fun project and I learned a lot along the way. The main site that I used for reference, parts and great advice was yesterdays tractor co. This is one great site with some very helpful people. Check it out. Here are a couple of pictures of my tractor.

Chas

3 comments:

  1. I think you did right to get an antique tractor. Here in England we have a TE20 and a MF35 (built in Coventry, England at the Ferguson factory). They are great to drive. I've taken some photos and video of the restoration we did http://vintagetractorengineer.com/
    I've never seen a TO30 before, there wasn't and English equivalent I don't think.
    Good to see the tractor restored, she looks geat.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a closer look at the photos.

    Is silver the original colour of the castings? The TE20's and MF35's from the English factory were painted grey castings. Except for the FE35 which was gold.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    The original color of the TO-30's were all gray. I bought this one from the second owner who bought it from a Massey-Ferguson dealer. As most dealers did back in the day, they painted it the colors of the current models. This one was painted Silver metallic and red from the 60's and 70's. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete