Friday, May 30, 2008

Glass half full or half empty...


In today's economy, it is hard to believe that someone (besides the big bad oil companies) is honestly profiting from high costs. Today's farmers are seeing record prices for their crops because of a global demand that hasn't been seen in 40 years. As fuel prices increase 25% from a year ago, crop selling prices have increased 100%! Last year, corn was selling for $3 a bushel and this year it is selling for $6. So when all is added and subtracted, the net profit for farmers this year is 40% higher than last year. I don't know about you, but my salary hasn't increased 40% this year. Now might be a good time to get into farming if you have the knowledge and a few hundred acres laying around. As you can see my one of my previous posts, I have a tractor so I am ahead of the curve!

Chas

No comments:

Post a Comment